Friday, March 9, 2007

Kate and Jed can go to hell for all I care

Yep, this is a rant. TivoCast seemed like an interesting idea. You can subscribe to video podcast like channels, and download short programs to your TiVo that you can watch when you want.

Of course the same could be done if TiVo could simply subscribe to one of thousands of video podcasts (like it can already with audio podcasts), but hey, why give customers any choice if you can keep them a while longer in the silo, right?

So I subscribe to a couple of channels, and one of them is the New York Times. Boy, was that a mistake!

At first, it seemed ok. Cooking instructions, some recipes, then some movie trailers (useless, but still not a big deal breaker).

Then, to my horror: The Vows of Kate and Jed. I will refrain from using the F word in describing how I feel about Kate, Jed, and their vows.

I have no idea who Kate and Jed are (nor do I care), but they appear to have paid the NYT a lot of money to have their wedding vows broadcast to the winds. Well, it seems they got a good deal for their money, as they ended up in my living room.

Sorry, Kate and Jed, but I couldn't care less about your vows. And sorry, New York Times, but you crossed the line. Now none of you will ever be invited into my living again.

Fool me once, shame on you...

By the way, I would have just sent both TiVo and NYT an e-mail about this, but they don't seem to want to hear my opinion on this subject, so here's hoping they read this post...

No comments: